- Link policy
- The Team
- Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center
- Army Research Laboratory
- Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center
- Communications-Electronic Research, Development and Engineering Center
- Edgewood Chemical Biological Center
- Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center
- Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center
Archive for August 29th, 2012
ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. — Command Sgt. Maj. Lebert Beharie, the U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command’s senior noncommissioned officer, gave an interview to RDECOM public affairs July 19.
RDECOM Noncommissioned Officer of the Year winner Staff Sgt. Markus Whisman won the Army Materiel Command NCO of the Year honor July 18. What were the highlights from the AMC competition?
“We are very proud of our NCO, Staff Sgt. Markus Whisman, the winner of the AMC competition. It is a grueling process to win.
ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. — PVC pipe, screws, an irrigation valve cover, an aluminum paint grid and a bicycle inner tube. What do they have in common? They’re all part of a kit to build a robot according to Lucas Hunter, a mechanical engineer with the U. S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center.
“This is my third year volunteering to work for the BEST competition,” Hunter said. “BEST means Boosting Engineering, Science and Technology. It’s a competition for middle and high school students that centers around robotics.”
Hunter serves as AMRDEC’s science and technology representative to the Maneuver Center of Excellence at Fort Benning, Ga. He provides guidance, advice and support in the areas of missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles.